If you know me, you know I do extensive research before I buy anything. I need to make sure the quality is great for the best price. Some items we definitely chose to splurge on, (a lot were baby shower gifts too!) but the reviews were too good not to! I’m also very into natural / organic items for baby which drove up the cost. I used this site to help me choose items that were non-toxic.
With the overwhelming amount of baby products on the market this took me so long to do! From asking friends with babies, looking at what influencers had purchased, and reading endless reviews, I finally was able to make our registry! I hope you find this helpful as I was SO overwhelmed with the amount of products and options out there, but we are so happy with our choices!
First off, I chose to use Babylist.com for our registry and not individual stores. I LOVED it! You can pick and choose items from literally any store to add to your list, and are not limited to products from just one store. People that are purchasing an item can purchase it from whichever store they’d like as it compares prices right on the page.
Our registry is actually public so you can take a look at it! http://babylist.com/zzzvvdnxk
I’m going to separate this into 7 sections and only add the most important items:
Sleep, Diapering, Feeding, Bath Time, Transportations, Health & Safety, Gear/Toys
*Note: Will do a separate blog post with a Nursery reveal and links to everything in our Nursery, as well as what I packed in my hospital bag!
- Hatch Sound Machine – Most highly recommended item, a game changer for baby’s sleep & all works through an app on your phone
- Halo Sleep Sacks – There are different sizes – I’m starting with the Newborn and working my way up
- Vicks Cool Mist Humidifier – Especially for the winter months
- Hushh Portable Sound Machine – For cars, stroller walks, around the house etc. (The Hatch above is plug in so would be annoying to move around)
- Muslin Swaddle/Receiving Blankets
- Ubbi Steel Diaper Pail – Chose this over the diaper genie as it keeps all odours out and came highly recommended to us! Got the bags for it too.
- Water Wipes – The prenatal courses we took all highly recommended using water wipes for at least the newborn stage for sensitivity to avoid rashes etc. There are a bunch of chemicals in the traditional wipes. We love the Hello Bello ones too!
- Keekaroo Peanut Changer – This was more of a splurge item but we wanted a changer that sat on top of our dresser as we already had a dresser & the reviews on this were insane! Some people have had theirs for over 6+ years and it looks brand new and is so easy to wipe clean
- Diaper Creams – Earth Mama Organics & Hello Bello have the cleanest ingredients, added these to my registry
I personally am going to attempt to breastfeed for the first 3 months or so. I did not buy a pump *yet* as I want to see how it goes (and your body should naturally adjust to how much of a supply baby needs in the first few weeks)
- EZPZ Food Set – My friends love this – it’s silicone and dishwasher safe
- Silicone Bibs – Same as above and catches food well
- Haakaa Manual Breast Pump – Mostly just for catching let down on the opposite breast when breastfeeding
- Boppy Nursing Pillow – I like that it has multiple uses – can help with tummy time and sitting up as baby grows
- Baby Brezza Bottle Sterilizer and Dryer Advanced – splurge – I’m excited to have this and sterilize anything baby puts in their mouth from bottles to pacifiers. There are definitely cheaper options but I don’t believe in using a microwave for baby items & stove top boiling would take long! This one had great reviews!
- Phillips Advent Glass Bottle Set – Decided to go with glass bottles (for once again, reducing plastic use around baby), & this set comes with 2 different size bottles for when baby grows + great reviews
- Comotomo Baby Bottle – We also got these as they are highly recommended in case they don’t take the Phillips nipple (& this is silicone not plastic)
- Organic Cotton Burp Cloths – So soft!
- Also grabbed these bibs, & these bibs, mostly for drool & spit up!
*Note: We did not decide on a high chair yet, will update this post when we do!
- Skip Hop 3 Stage Tub – The best tub for growing with your baby! Chose this over the infant angel one as it will last much longer
- Organic Cotton Hooded Towels
- Organic Cotton Washcloths
- Hello Bello Shampoo / Body Wash
- Ducky Safety Temperature – Tells you if the water is too hot for baby!
- Also grabbed these toys and this organizer for the shower wall
- Nuna Pipa Car Seat – One of the highest rated safety carseats on the market! Nothing could give me more piece of mind than choosing this carseat! (Much better than the Uppababy carseat & has a long shade that pulls down over the entire seat). Ps. We waited for a sale and got it for 20% off!
- Nuna Mixx Stroller – This is controversial but I loved how it drove in the store and it was much less bulky than the Uppababy IMO! It is still a splurge of a price but it made sense since we got the Nuna carseat to just get the matching stroller too since we loved it (& I love how they look too – we got the Caviar colour).
- Car Mirror – So I can see babes in my rear view!
- Car Window Sun Shade – To block the sun / heat from the baby in the car – had the best reviews on Amazon
- Stroller Fan / Everywhere Fan – I’m bringing this to the hospital with me too! It’s a portable fan that can be charged with a USB or battery powered. I’ve been loving using it even while being pregnant in the hot summer, love it!
- Ergobaby 360 – splurge but 100% worth it! All my friends have this and love it – perfect for carrying baby around the house, on walks, hikes, travel etc. The straps are very supportive and comfortable too
- Nuna Sena Play Yard – splurge – This was definitely not a necessary purchase as there are so many more affordable ones on the market but I am SO weak (lol) and this is SO light. You can literally open and close it with one hand, it grows with baby and is the perfect travel playpen with case. We already opened it and tested it out – we will be keeping it in our living room for naps/to keep baby in. We got the changer too so we can have a little changing station in our living room and not have to walk upstairs every time he needs a change.
Health & Safety
- Nanit Pro Baby Monitor – splurge – Has amazing reviews and did so much research before choosing this one! Definitely one of the best on the market (They always have 20% off sales so wait for one!)
- Vitamin D Drops
- Infant Tylenol – Good to have on hand in case
- Electric Nail Trimmer – My friends rave about this and love that it avoids hurting or accidentally cutting baby with regular clippers (& we all know how fast/sharp baby’s nails are!)
- Headrest Pillow (To prevent flat head) – going to be using this in our SnuggleMe & other loungers
Gear / Toys
- Babybjorn Bouncer – The fabric used is Oexo-Tek certified, meaning it’s free from harmful substances. We also loved that it can be used up to the age of 2 so it holds a lot of weight, great spot for putting baby down & has different height adjustments
- Upseat – Do not get the Bumbo, it is very bad for their hips! The upseat is versitile and can be brought anywhere in a seated position and helps with proper posture
- Fawn Design Diaper Bag – Loved the size and all of the compartments and of course how it looks! The reviews say it holds up great!
- Anti-UV Sun Shade – Hoping to sit outside often since he is a summer baby & this + the stroller fan will protect him from the sun/heat
- Snuggle Me Infant Lounger – They do grow out of this quickly, but it will be what I use to lay baby beside me for the first few months (with the flat head pillow)
- Jolly Jumper – My friends babies loved this! Great for wake windows to get out all the energy
- Activity Play Center – Great to keep them stimulated – loved the look of this one!
- Any type of High Contrast flash cards or books (especially good for tummy time), as newborns can only see this for a while.
- Sophie la Girafe Teether – Everyone raves about this!
There are a lot of other little items you can check out on our registry like pacifiers etc. Our goal was to get quality products that would last and work for multiple children. We hope to not have to buy much more if we are blessed with another child. Hope this was helpful! We were lucky enough to have a lot of this gifted to us during our baby showers. I wish I had something like this to follow when I was making my registry. If you have any questions, comment below. If not, congratulations and good luck with the new baby!