I know I probably should have done this awhile ago but procrastination is my middle name! I finally finished packing my hospital bag at 37 weeks pregnant! This list is based off a lot of lovely TikTok videos, my midwives handout that she gave me, and other peoples blogs! I tried to not overpack and go overboard because my hospital does provide a lot (I’m in Ontario), but I’m a first-time mom so I wasn’t sure what I’d need and most items are for Postpartum that I will use when I’m home from the hospital as well. Hoping this will help some mama’s out there!
Ps. Most items can be found at Amazon so if you left it until the last minute like me and are too swollen to want to go shopping you can order everything from the comfort of your couch, yay!
- Water Bottle with Straw – This one is my favourite! Love that it’s glass (I try to avoid plastic)
- Long Phone Charger or Extension Cord – This one is 10ft.
- Slides for walking around / shower – I’ve shared these before but they’re my fav! I have the colour Beige
- Maternity/Nursing Friendly Robe – Just bought this in Olive Green, feels so soft
- Pajamas – Just ordered these! They fit looser so will be perfect for postpartum
- Going Home Loose Outfit – I just packed 2 loose summer dresses
- Portable Fan – Every mom I know has this stroller fan, but it’s portable and can be used anywhere / the battery lasts forever! I’ve already been using it pregnant in this heat
- Hushh Portable Noise Machine – This was on my baby registry! Will use it at the hospital since it could be loud at night
- Headphones / Playlist
- Comb – For squeezing during labour
- Peri Bottle
- Tucks Pads
- Perineal Spray
- Large Maxi Pads with Wings
- FridaMom Witch Hazel Cooling “Padsicle”
- Disposable Underwear/Adult Diapers: Always Discreet or FridaMom Disposables
- Large Maternity Underwear – I bought these in a size up
- Nursing Bras – I bought these in a size up and have been wearing them throughout my pregnancy!
- Warm Socks
- Pillow with non-white pillow case
- Pen for signing forms
- Travel Bag with Toiletries:
- Travel Toothbrush + Toothpaste
- Chapstick – My absolute favourite, I put it on every day and night
- Face Wipes – Love the travel packs
- Towel, Shampoo & Conditioner
- Hair Brush / Hair Ties
- Sleeping Mask
- Nipple Cream – This one was highly recommended
- Electrolyte Drink / Tablets – I’ve used these on trips, they’re perfect for hydration
- Mint or Lavender Essential Oils
- Phone / Camera for Photos/Vids
- Nursing Pillow – leave in car (This one was on my registry)
- Haakaa / Breast Pump – leave in car
We are bringing size newborn and size 0-3 months clothing with us as our baby is expecting to be big!
- Announcement Card / Outfit – We got a sweater with his name on it made from this company.
- Onesie Bodysuits
- Sleepers / Pajamas – We are bringing these ones we bought!
- Hat / Socks
- Burp Cloths
- Diapers – Bringing Size Newborn & Size 1
- Wipes – We are using water wipes for the Newborn stage
- Going Home Outfit
- Car Seat
Let me know if you think I’m missing anything or if you think I’m overpacking in the comments below! Baby boy is coming in 2 weeks now so I will update this blog post when he’s here to mention what I actually used vs. what I didn’t!