Hockley Valley Resort is the perfect little getaway only an hour north of the city (Toronto)! It’s a great option year round as there is an 18-hole golf course & outdoor pool to enjoy in the summer months, and 16 ski & snowboard runs to enjoy in the winter months! The on-site restaurants were absolutely delicious, as well as the Adamo Estate Winery minutes down the road. There is also a full service spa which would make for the perfect girls weekend! Hockley Valley Resort is for everyone! It’s family friendly and we definitely recommend staying here as it’s the perfect home away from home!
Getting to Hockley Valley Resort- Where is it?
Hockley Valley Resort is located just north of Toronto near Orangeville, in a small town called Mono! If you live anywhere in the GTA, it’s SUCH a short drive! It’s well worth it as it feels like you’re up north without having to drive hours away. (See map below for exact location)
Amenities at Hockley Valley Resort
We took full advantage of the amenities on site! See the list below for everything Hockley Valley Resort has to offer to make the most out of your visit!
- Golf – There is a STUNNING 18-hole golf course! This is one of the major amenities Hockley is known for. We got to wander the grounds and so many people were playing and having a good time. There was even a tournament going on while we were there that was fun to watch! We didn’t actually play as we aren’t really golfers, but Shawn used to work on a golf course for years and said this one was a great one to play on!
- Spa – This spa is magical & has everything from facials to massages to mani/pedi’s. (We especially loved how you can get a massage and they give you a receipt to submit toward your benefits as it’s from a certified RMT). We took full advantage of that! We definitely recommend booking any spa appointments ahead of time as they were completely booked up when we went to book a slot!
- Swim – There are 2 pools, one indoor and one outdoor that are both well taken care of and so beautiful. We loved relaxing poolside – it felt like we were on a beach vacation! There is also a hot tub and sauna, but those are not open yet due to COVID restrictions.
- Farm & Pizza – There is an organic farm on-site with vegetables and produce growing! Right beside the farm there is a special going on called Pizza in the Garden! There is a wood-burning pizza oven where they make fresh pizza every Friday-Sunday from noon to 5! YUM!
- Ski/Snowboard – We visited in the summer, but will definitely be back in the winter as there were so many ski hills and runs to go down! We can only imagine how pretty the resort would look covered in snow!
- Fitness Centre – This is closed due to COVID right now, but we had a peek inside and it was a rather large gym with tons of equipment!
Amazing Culinary Experience
Just a side note, the food at the restaurants was to die for. I think overall during our stay we were most impressed with the quality of food the resort had on-site. ESPECIALLY at the Winery! Most is a farm-to-table experience with fresh ingredients, and was so delicious!
Cabin – Gourmet food! Here is a snippet from their website: “The culinary experience is defined by our farm-to-table philosophy on food. The à-la-carte menu will celebrate the best of local cuisine, using only the freshest ingredients from the Resort’s two-acre fruit and vegetable garden, seasonal preserves, and fare from local farmers and suppliers.” It’s definitely their most popular restaurant and for a good reason!
Babbo Wine Bar – This is their lobby lounge & patio bar that looks out onto the outdoor pool and ski area. Definitely stop by here for a cocktail or wine & an app!
Restaurant 85 – This was where breakfast was served! Another delicious restaurant! This is also where a lot of events take place – a lot of people book birthdays and even weddings at this resort!
Adamo Estate Winery
This one gets it’s own paragraph as it was one of our favourite things we did during our stay! The winery is literally a one minute drive up the street! If you see a building with a big red door you’ll know you’re there! Spend time wandering the grounds as they have their own vineyard out back. If you have time definitely do a tasting & tour! We ended up having dinner here and it was so delicious. It’s more of an app & tapas type of restaurant, but look at how good the food was!! As for wine, Shawns favourite was the Cabernet Franc & Steph’s was the Riesling. Both bottles came home with us LOL! We would honestly go back to Hockley for this Winery alone!
Overall, we were thoroughly impressed with Hockley Valley Resort & how it felt like an actual getaway even though it was so close to home. We have nothing negative to say other than the rooms being a little outdated, but still in immaculate condition. We were especially impressed with the COVID precautions put into place & felt safe as everyone was wearing masks & the proper protective equipment. It was such a lovely weekend filled with food & relaxation and we can’t wait to return!!
Steph & Shawn
(Have any questions? Comment below! Be sure to follow along on Instagram to see more tips & pics! @thethompsontrotters)