Can’t believe we are almost done the ORC! This week I was just finishing up odds and end jobs to get ready for the reveal next week! We planted our herbs in our herb garden box and I made DIY herb garden markers with my Cricut that I think they are so cute!! Will share how I did that below. We also swapped out our old light fixture for a beautiful new one, I spray painted an old bar cart I got on Facebook Marketplace black, and we worked on hanging the string lights finally! We are so close to being done!!
I wish I could share our herb garden build but my brother-in-law made it for us! It’s made of pressure treated wood and it’s beautiful! We decided to grow: Basil, Oregano, Parsley, Rosemary, and Mint.
We got these from a local gardening store called Terra.
DIY Herb Garden Markers
- half round towels
- cricut machine
- any type of saw to cut a stake at the end
- I started off by selecting my font on the Cricut machine. I ended up choosing the Rae Dunn dupe which is called “Skinny”
- I then measured my half round dowels that I had leftover from a previous project and to get the exact measurements of what size the font should be
- I used black vinyl and printed the letters with the Cricut machine. I weeded them out and used transfer tape to put them on the wooden dowels carefully
- Once they were on, I used my Multi Tool to make a diagonal cut along the bottom of the wooden dowel to create a “stake” in the ground
- I put them in our herb garden and it was complete!!
I’m a complete visual learner! Watch the step-by-step process on my Instagram highlight under ORC!
Next week, I’ll be sharing the reveal photos of our entire space, as well as the LINKS to where you can purchase each item 🙂
Be sure to follow along with us on Instagram for live updates of this beautiful outdoor oasis reno!! Be sure to check out all of the other guest participants & the amazing room transformations to come on the One Room Challenge Blog!
Thanks for following along!